Damon Busse, partner with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, has been with the firm since April 2013. Damon has more than 14 years of audit and accounting experience in various industries including retail, software, manufacturing, and construction.
He is a member of the firm’s Assurance Professional Practice Group, where he collaborates with firm leadership and client service teams to develop accounting and auditing policies, guidance, training, and tools to facilitate high-quality and consistent engagement performance. Damon plays a substantial role in internal and external quality monitoring activities including the firm’s peer review and PCAOB inspection. Damon actively researches and participates in external task forces focusing on new professional standards or emerging issues affecting the firm or the CPA profession. Prior to joining Baker Tilly, he spent seven years in the disputes and investigations practice of a global consulting firm. Previously, Damon was a member of an international accounting firm focusing almost exclusively on large public company audits. He holds bachelor of business administration in accounting and master of accountancy degrees from the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
- Consults and develops tools and guidance on accounting and auditing matters, specializing in the firm’s SEC issuer audit practice and PCAOB audit methodology
- Conducts internal inspections of engagement quality and analyzes firm-wide results of internal and external monitoring results
- Develops and delivers internal training as well as external speaking on topics of interest to the CPA profession
- Member of the firm’s ASC 606 revenue recognition implementation task force, focusing on readiness and implementation tools and guidance
- Member of the firm’s blockchain technology task force as well as external working groups and task forces
- Implements process and quality improvement initiatives
- Past experience includes consulting and providing neutral arbitration in merger and acquisition disputes, advising debtors and creditors in bankruptcy, investigating accounting irregularities and whistleblower complaints, reconstructing accounting records for accounting restatements, assisting expert witnesses in litigation related to accounting or auditing matters, and advising on technical financial reporting issues.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Center for Audit Quality (CAQ) – Task force member on PCAOB Form AP and blockchain technology
- AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services Section
University of Wisconsin – Madison
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
Master of Accountancy