Briggs Stahl has spent more than 30 years finding the financial answers in complex legal issues.
He provides expert witness testimony and consulting services related to family law, commercial damage claims, eminent domain, shareholder and partnership disputes, fraud, taxation and valuation.
Briggs was recently admitted as a charter member of the AAML Foundation’s Forensic & Business Valuation Division. The elite group of just 28 members nationwide were selected on the basis of their national reputation and achievements in litigation support, forensic accounting and business valuation, their history of serving members of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) and their clients in complex financial matters during divorce proceedings, and their commitment to integrity in the process.
With over 30 years of court experience, Briggs has over 600 testimony and deposition appearances in taxation, family law, eminent domain, shareholder disputes, fraud, commercial damages, business interruption, employment law and contract disputes. He has been certified as an expert in both state and federal court, and has served as a court-appointed expert and as a special master on several occasions.
- Geraci v. Geraci – 2nd DCA Florida – Marital v. Non-Marital Real Property Appreciation
- Forensic Accounting Division – American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Foundation, charter member, business valuation
- Certified Public Accountant, Florida (1983) and Kentucky (1981)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (1998), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified in Financial Forensics, (2008), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Business Appraiser, Institute of Business Appraisers
Western Kentucky University – Bowling Green
Bachelor of Science, accounting