The Valued Advisor Fund facilitates long-term community development in economically distressed areas through partnerships with local community development organizations and stakeholders.
By investing in the growth of community businesses, the Valued Advisor fund provides a lasting legacy of enhanced capacity in the communities it serves.
Fostering sustainable economic growth for underserved communities nationwide requires a combination of capacity building and direct financial support.
The Valued Advisor Fund:
- Maximizes community resources
- Leverages New Markets Tax Credits
- Provides access to underwriting structuring, compliance, and reporting expertise
- Establishes connections between investors, lenders, and alternative resources
- Offers basic training for lenders, investors, and community development entities
- Provides financial counseling and other sources to non-profits, businesses, and other entities to support long-term community growth
Valued Advisor Fund Leadership
- Terri Preston, Executive Director
- Mike Ross, Investment Director
- Don Bernards, Community Relations Officer
Advisory Board Chair
- Denise Muha, Executive Director, National Leased Housing Association
Advisory Board Members
- Beth Lipson, Chief Financial Officer, Opportunity Finance Network
- Ray Daffner, Entrepreneurship Initiative Manager, Appalachian Regional Commission
- Roy Alston, President, Value Spark
- Patrick Sheridan, Vice Present of Real Estate Development Services, Volunteers of America
- Jim Bowman, President & CEO, National Affordable Housing Trust
The Valued Advisor Fund board and committee members demonstrate their commitment to communities by serving on local and national boards, and being active industry association members.
- New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) Coalition
- National Housing &Rehabilitation Association
- NMTC Steering Committee
- Legislative Steering Committee
- Community Impact Working Group
- Opportunity Finance Network
- National Leased Housing Association
- National Leased Housing Education Fund
- National Housing Conference
- Housing Advisory Group
For more information on this program:
- Industry resources
- Valued Advisor Fund applications
- New Markets Tax Credits CDE Partner Application
- New Markets Tax Credits Project Application
In accordance with federal law and U. S. Department of the Treasury policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write to Department of the Treasury, Office of Civil Rights and Diversity, 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, D. C. 20220 or call (202) 622-1160.
Valued Advisor Fund is an Equal Opportunity provider.