The Business Valued Advisor Fund (BVAF) facilitates long-term community development in economically distressed areas through direct funding of businesses, community facilities, and commercial real estate initiatives nationwide that are aligned with local community plans.
BVAF also partners with local community development organizations to provide investment into these entities and subsequently into projects aligned with community interests. By investing in growth of the community-aligned projects and businesses, and providing additional financial advisory services, the BVAF seeks to provide opportunities for sustainable economic growth in the communities it serves.
Fostering sustainable economic growth for underserved communities requires a combination of capacity building and direct financial support.
The Business Valued Advisor Fund
- Maximizes community relationships and resources
- Leverages New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC)
- Provides access to underwriting structuring, compliance, and reporting expertise
- Establishes connections between investors, lenders, and alternative resources
- Offers basic training for lenders, investors, community development entities (CDEs) and community development financial institutions (CDFIs) in NMTCs
- Provides financial counseling and other services to not-for-profits, business, and other entities to support long-term community growth
Valued Advisor Fund Leadership
- Terri Preston, Executive Director
- Mike Ross, Investment Director
- Don Bernards, Community Relations Officer
Advisory Board Chair
- Denise Muha, Executive Director, National Leased Housing Association
Advisory Board Members
- Brian Hollenback, President, Renaissance Rock Island
- Beth Lipson, Chief Financial Officer, Opportunity Finance Network
- Robert Snow, Vice President, National Equity Fund
- Ray Daffner, Entrepreneurship Initiative Manager, Applicachian Regional Commission
- Patrick Sheridan, Vice Present of Real Estate Development Services, Volunteers of America
- Business Valued Advisor Fund applications
For specific questions on the Business Valued Advisors Fund, please contact:
312 729 8177
312 307 9550
In accordance with federal law and U. S. Department of the Treasury policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write to Department of the Treasury, Office of Civil Rights and Diversity, 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, D. C. 20220 or call (202) 622-1160.