Our IRS practice and procedures group’s integrated advisory services provide comprehensive controversy assistance to supplement the in-house resources of law firms, accounting firms, and other practitioners. Our team of tax controversy practitioners, including former IRS attorneys, uses its experience and knowledge gained from years working in tax law to build strategies and offer solutions that lead to favorable results for your clients.
Baker Tilly’s integrated advisory services include:
- Representation during IRS and state examinations
- Representation at the IRS Office of Appeals and state equivalents
- Negotiations with IRS and state collections departments, including offers-in-compromise, installment agreements and lien removal
- Valuation defense
- Drafting and negotiating requests of Private Letter Rulings
- Drafting responses to IRS Notices, including large penalty cases
- Drafting memoranda to support positions taken on tax returns
- Negotiations with the IRS for domestic and offshore voluntary disclosure agreements
We have assisted a variety of professional services firms with issues including casualty and theft loss deductions, gambling losses, material participation issues, TEFRA examinations, various aircraft-related issues, and a variety of excise tax issues.
Our team stays on top of IRS pronouncements and other regulatory changes, sharing insights and advice pertinent to you and your clients. Let us work with you as part of your team to obtain results beneficial to your clients.