Our experienced restructuring, disputes and valuation advisory professionals are trusted by top law firms, independent boards of directors, corporate management, lenders and government entities to analyze, quantify and resolve complex business issues with high financial stakes.
Baker Tilly professionals have the analytical skills and depth and breadth of experience to identify and opine on complex issues involving distressed businesses. We have provided an array of turnaround management, bankruptcy, and litigation services that allow us to coordinate and implement a comprehensive strategy to address operational and financial matters; provide analytical support; assessment of damages; lead investigations; and provide expert testimony for parties involved in a myriad of restructuring related disputes.
Complex disputes arising from business bankruptcies and corporate restructurings have continued to evolve in recent years. Historically, litigation initiated in connection with a bankruptcy filing may have been marginal compared to the bankruptcy itself. Today, however, the threat of high-stakes litigation and investigatory issues are at the forefront of large bankruptcy cases.
The Baker Tilly approach is unique from others in the industry in that our senior professionals are actively involved in each engagement from inception to conclusion. Our senior professionals have served as consulting and testifying experts, examiners, receivers, and trustees in some of the most complex restructurings and bankruptcy litigation cases in recent history.
Baker Tilly’s range of bankruptcy and restructuring related services includes:
- Initial fact finding and investigation
- Solvency analyses
- Identification and quantification of potential fraudulent transfers
- Assessing reasonably equivalent and fair value
- Performing and challenging distressed business valuations
- Evaluating intercompany and substantive consolidation issues
- Analyzing breach of fiduciary duty claims & other director & officer disputes
- Analyzing transactions in support or dispute of preferential transfers
- Interim management and other financial support for corporate restructurings
- Liquidation and company wind downs
- Expert witness testimony
- Examiner, receiver and trustee services