- Dan O’Connor has more than 16 years of tax compliance and consulting experience in public accounting, with a focus in federal taxation.
- Baker Tilly tax partner Scott Barnard has been named East Region Tax Leader. He will provide strategic direction to ensure Baker Tilly’s tax service offerings address regulatory and market needs.
- With more than 20 years of experience working in state and local tax (SALT), Gary Peric will be responsible for expanding and overseeing the SALT practice in Baker Tilly’s national tax services group.
- Tax Partner Dwayne Holt was recently elected to the executive committee and board of the District of Columbia Building Industry Association DCBIA as treasurer.
- Baker Tilly is helping insurance organizations understand Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP) No. 101, Income Taxes, A Replacement of SSAP No. 10R and SSAP No. 10. During a recent educational webinar, SSAP No. 101: Issues to consider, 70% of respondents indicated they continue to have questions and issues with the tax provision process.