- Dan O’Connor has more than 16 years of tax compliance and consulting experience in public accounting, with a focus in federal taxation.
- Baker Tilly tax partner Scott Barnard has been named East Region Tax Leader. He will provide strategic direction to ensure Baker Tilly’s tax service offerings address regulatory and market needs.
- Tax Partner Dwayne Holt was recently elected to the executive committee and board of the District of Columbia Building Industry Association DCBIA as treasurer.
- Baker Tilly is helping insurance organizations understand Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP) No. 101, Income Taxes, A Replacement of SSAP No. 10R and SSAP No. 10. During a recent educational webinar, SSAP No. 101: Issues to consider, 70% of respondents indicated they continue to have questions and issues with the tax provision process.
- The annual Year-End Tax Planning Letter published by accounting and advisory firm Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) prepares businesses and individuals for some of 2014’s most pressing tax issues, including the employer mandate, finalized repair and maintenance regulations and state and local tax changes.