Baker Tilly Global Focus US advances intelligent software providing a foundation for the changing world of assurance services.
CHICAGO (June 22, 2017) – Recognizing the rapid pace of change in the assurance services profession, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is pleased to announce Global Focus US – a versatile assurance methodology enhancing the tailoring of risk based scoping and testing. Global Focus US is an intuitive and highly integrated software and methodology – developed in partnership with CaseWare International, Inc. – which will allow for the implementation of new technologies within the changing world of assurance.
“This is an exciting day for Baker Tilly and our clients,” Jere Shawver, CPA, Baker Tilly’s managing partner of assurance and risk, said. “Global Focus US better enables Baker Tilly team members to provide value to our clients. The assurance environment is evolving – and what businesses need from auditors is also changing. Global Focus US gives our professionals the strategic tools they need now and in the future to support the changing ways of doing business.”
"Proudly pushing the technological boundaries in the industry, CaseWare is delighted to have partnered with Baker Tilly on this innovative solution." Dwight Wainman, CaseWare International Inc.’s CEO, said.
Key components of the new methodology and software include:
- Efficiency: Global Focus US uses CaseWare technology and advanced functionality to realize engagement efficiencies within assurance engagements. The software incorporates the use of data libraries and linkage throughout the methodology to eliminate redundancies and streamline the process.
- Industry tailoring: Global Focus US is tailored for specific industry issues and standards within an engagement. The customized industry approach provides effective and tailored auditing specific to the needs of clients’ business issues.
- Collaboration: CaseWare SmartSync technology enable team members to access client files in real time – meaning Baker Tilly professionals can access client information, whether in the field or in different offices and work collaboratively in real time within a secure environment.
- Visualization tools: Auditors can assess financial statement accounts and related risks with CaseWare Constellation, a new visualization tool that illustrates linkages between risks, controls and procedures performed. Embedded project management tools allow teams to manage engagements more effectively. These enhanced features allow team members to view different aspects of the engagement in new, efficient and client-centric ways.
- Continuous innovation: Global Focus US is designed for continuous enhancement and innovation. Its inherent flexibility and adaptability will allow for assurance engagements to evolve as standards change, requirements shift and technology transforms.
- International alignment: Global Focus US is also aligned with Global Focus, the assurance methodology used by Baker Tilly International to help facilitate seamless, global collaboration with other Baker Tilly International network member firms.
Global Focus US is a new methodology built into CaseWare software that provides Baker Tilly clients with more effective and efficient engagements, greater business insights and realized value to help clients manage their costs and foster growth. Global Focus US will provide Baker Tilly’s professionals with a flexible, adaptable platform to evolve with assurance standards and technologies.
“The assurance world is being disrupted now,” Shawver said. “Baker Tilly is positioned to be on the forefront of that disruption and help our clients benefit from the changes as they occur.”
For more information on Baker Tilly’s assurance services, visit bakertilly.com/services/assurance.
About Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (bakertilly.com)
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,800 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
CaseWare International is a leading global supplier of software and cloud-based solutions for accountants and auditors in accounting firms large and small, governments, and corporations. Founded in Toronto in 1988, CaseWare provides software and tools to prepare, review and audit financial statements, manage client engagements, conduct detailed audit and fraud detection tests, track time and billings and support overall practice management. Today, CaseWare solutions are used in over 130 countries around the world, allowing accounting and auditing professionals to reach new levels of productivity and efficiency.