APPLETON (September 5, 2017) – On July 31, 2017, nearly 70 golfers participated in the inaugural Baker Tilly Charity Choice Invitational at North Shore Golf in Menasha, Wis. Teams of two played 18-holes for the opportunity to designate charities of their choosing to receive funds from the outing.
Baker Tilly partnered with the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region, Inc. to help distribute the more than $40,000 of funds available. Winners were as follows:
- 1st place ($25,000)
- Winners: Tom DeLeeuw of CR Meyer and Kelly Roseneck of Roseneck Construction
- Charity: Evans Scholars Foundation
- 2nd place ($7,500)
- 3rd Place ($5,000)
- Winners: Todd Carpenter of Baker Tilly and Adam Nonn of Nonn’s Flooring
- Charity: The Aly Wolff Foundation
- 4th Place ($2,000)
- Winners: Dan Voss of Miron Construction and Kevin Beauchamp of Galloway Company
- Charity: United Way Fox Cities
Additionally donations were awarded to:
- Scot Grishaber of Tom’s Drive In won the ‘putting contest’ and chose the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Fox Valley as the recipient of $1,250.
- Garrett Gosh of Baker Tilly won the ‘closest to the pin’ contest and gifted $1,250 to the MACC Fund.
“The event was a complete success and we’re so please to be able to give back to the local community in this way,” Baker Tilly Partner John Krause said. “We look forward to hosting another event like this in the future and can only hope that it is even more successful.”
About Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (bakertilly.com)
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 countries, with 30,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.2 billion.