One of the world’s leading services and technology enterprises that employs over 140,000 people in more than 60 countries.
The business challenge
The client experienced disparate business and HR processes after doubling in size through global acquisitions. Leadership commissioned an HR transformation identifying Talent Management as a top priority. Driving factors included:
- Inconsistencies in Global Talent Management Systems & Processes: There were geographic and departmental inconsistencies with talent management processes. Goals were not aligned with the organization’s overall objectives and employees did not understand how their performance contributed to their career development and growth.
- Lack of Reporting and Analytics Capabilities: Managers and HR did not have visibility into internal talent or the analytical capabilities to measure their talent program effectiveness.
- Manual Processes: A paper-based process for goal setting, performance reviews, and individual development planning was used by a majority of the employee population.
- Poor Manager and Employee Experience: Lack of self- service capabilities prompted HR to serve as an administrative function to process paperwork. Managers and employees lacked the tools needed for effective, ongoing talent management and career development discussions.
The Baker Tilly approach
Baker Tilly addressed the client’s need for a system that would address their challenges and integrate into their overall talent management strategy by implementing Oracle’s integrated HCM cloud solution. The work included:
- A global roadmap for goals, reviews, career development and succession that integrated with the larger HR transformation.
- Workflows and business processes connecting strategic objectives to individual contribution.
- Rollout of Oracle HCM Cloud Talent Management functionality following a phased approach to ensure end user adoption.
- A robust change management program to deliver communications, trainings and an ongoing governance and maintenance structure.
The business impact:
- Visibility into talent management metrics to identify high performing, high potential, and high-risk talent
- Increase in employee and manager completion rates of ongoing talent management processes
- An improved manager and employee experience which facilitates ongoing and frequent communication and feedback
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.