- To meet OCC requirements and strategically connect the dots on assurance, compliance, and risk management, internal audit functions will need to be part of the risk management ecosystem and provide validation of the execution of risk management responsibilities by frontline units and management. This article outlines what internal audits bring to the table as well as opportunities for driving value through collaboration between risk management and internal audit, using the case example of concern about loan loss reserves.
- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) recently released a report that showed a decrease in hospital uncompensated care costs due to Medicaid expansion as a result of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). In April the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that it would delay implementation of the “two-midnight” rule until April 30. Read more to stay on pulse.
- The cost of heart disease is a growing burden on the healthcare system. As new technologies for treating heart disease become available, decision-makers need to understand their options. It is important to understand the short-term and long-term options, as well as the costs associated with these new technologies. This article uses big data analytics to take a look at the cost-effectiveness of a new heart pump technology to assist decision-makers in forming a value-based judgment relative to its application.
- It only takes seven seconds to make a first impression. When your dream job is on the line, seven seconds may not seem like a big deal, but it could make or break your chances at obtaining that dream job.
- In May 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board issued ASU No. 2014-09 to more closely align the US GAAP methods of recording revenue with the international financial reporting standards. Software and technology companies will be impacted by this new accounting standard.
- Previous Next