- The New York Office of Unclaimed Funds (NYOUF) released a new policy for business-to-business transactions that has a bearing on unclaimed property holders within the state.
- Coming off a sluggish start in the first quarter of 2014, US middle-market M&A activity rebounded strongly in the second quarter with significant increases in both deal count and dollar volume.
- The craft beer industry has grown significantly in the past number of years. With the expansion of current breweries and the emergence of new breweries come business obstacles and decisions to be made. At these times of development and growth, it is crucial that sales and use tax compliance is not overlooked.
- On July 23, 2014 the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) adopted a Final Rule that amends Rule 2a-7 of the Investment Company Act of 1940, which governs money market funds. These long anticipated amendments are designed to provide both structural and operational reform addressing an investor run on funds during a financial crisis, as was seen in 2008. The Final Rule becomes effective sixty days after publication in the Federal Register and provides for a two-year implementation period.
- M&A activity in the food and beverage sector experienced a robust second quarter primarily driven by corporate actions. Sellers are looking to divest of non-core activities and buyers are looking to add additional brands, product lines, or expertise.
- Previous Next