- This bi-monthly healthcare update provides information on the following recent activities: the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ settlement for disputed claims, the Open Payments website, and changes to the Nursing Home Compare ratings system.
- In situations where owners are looking at selling a company quickly and at a full price, presale due diligence or vendor due diligence is particularly critical.
- The many changes in the healthcare industry over the last several years have caused new compliance programs to be created and existing programs to be changed to meet new regulatory requirements. Healthcare providers should look at three fundamental pillars – organization, communication, and teamwork – when developing their compliance programs.
- Contractors purchasing materials for use in a Minnesota construction project with an exempt entity must have detailed supporting documentation to ensure these purchases are exempt from state sales and use taxes. Without such documentation, the contractor or subcontractor that supplied the materials may be subject to back taxes, penalties, and interest due to the state.
- From The Tax Advisor: Captive insurance is insurance or reinsurance provided by a company that is formed primarily to cover the assets and risks of its parent company or companies.
- Previous Next