- Cybersecurity is a critical business issue for hedge funds and other investment management firms. The financial consequences of a cyber attack can be significant and could result in a serious impact to a firm’s reputation. Not surprisingly, cybersecurity is also a growing concern for regulators, and an area where fund managers are increasing their focus.
- The newly proposed rule (DFARS Case 2013–D034) implements section 831 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2013.
- The analysis of case law surrounding the challenges to lost profits claims involving new businesses does not establish any hard and fast rules.
- The role of a damages expert is not always clear. In many matters, the damages expert may be asked to assume that a causal linkage between the liability issues and damages exists.
- Case law demonstrates that reliance on client supplied information is frequently an issue subject to challenge in litigation.
- Previous Next