- Thanks to technology, applying for jobs is easier today than it was years ago. But for a hiring manager, this often translates into more resumes to review and less time to spend reading each one. As a young professional, you are competing with peers who also have limited experience. By making your resume as interesting, readable, visually appealing, and error-free as possible, you can stand out from the crowd.
- Continuously looking for new sources of revenue, states have begun to increase their enforcement of unclaimed property laws.
- The NAIC Statutory Accounting Principles (E) Working Group and the Emerging Accounting Issues (E) Working Group held a joint conference call Monday during which accounting issues related to the risk corridors program (Section 1342 of the Affordable Care Act) were discussed.
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) recently held their Regulatory Compliance Conference 2015 in Washington DC. It featured a number of panel sessions with individuals representing a diverse range of backgrounds, including attorneys, executive level servicing professionals, and CFPB employees, all providing guidance and perspective on the regulatory issues facing the industry. There was a large emphasis on Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) examinations, as well as the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) rule, given the implementation began October 3, 2015.
- CMS is monitoring how providers are dealing with ICD-10 implementation, a delay in beginning bundled payment programs may be coming for hip and knee surgeries, and an additional comment period was added to the two midnights rule. Learn more about decisions made the last month in healthcare.
- Previous Next