- On July 9, 2015, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued Notice 2015-49, Use of Lump Sum Payments to Replace Lifetime Income Being Received By Retirees Under Defined Benefit Pension Plans, amending the required minimum distribution regulations under section 401(a)(9) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC). The regulation, as amended, no longer permits qualified defined benefit plans to replace any joint and survivor, single life, or other annuity currently being paid with a lump sum payment or other accelerated form of distribution.
- Discover the history of ERP software solutions, from the mainframe era to the cloud.
- On July 9, 2015, the FASB approved its April 2015 proposal to defer the effective date of ASU No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, for all entities for one year. Entities will, however, be allowed to apply the new standard as of the original effective dates set out in the standard. This article examines the revenue recognition standard and explains why the FASB granted an extension.
- Today’s fiscal reality forces government administrators to take a hard look at spending, but can cutting important functions like HR cost your government more in the long run?
- In many governments, it may seem that endless hours are devoted to budgeting and budget management. It is important not to be discouraged, as time spent budgeting can be good news.
- Previous Next