- CMS is monitoring how providers are dealing with ICD-10 implementation, a delay in beginning bundled payment programs may be coming for hip and knee surgeries, and an additional comment period was added to the two midnights rule. Learn more about decisions made the last month in healthcare.
- From acute care in a hospital to sub-acute care in a facility to care provided in the home, the fee-for-service model is starting to fade. Profit margins will be squeezed, hospitals will be responsible for patients not in the hospital, incentives will reward better performance, and disincentives will penalize providers who are not efficient and quality-driven.
- US companies are seeking perspective on the EU’s Safe Harbor ruling – including an understanding of the data transfer impacts, data protection and privacy concerns – and potential alternatives to preserve their ability to transfer Europeans’ personal data to the US.
- Boards and management need tools like a SOC report review template to assist them in ensuring they are aware of any risks posed by, and the internal controls around, third party vendors.
- Baker Tilly discusses key elements of a successful joint venture partnership and the importance of finding a partner with whom you can build a solid plan addressing both parties goals. Learn about the symbiotic nature of joint ventures and why due diligence is the most important best practice.
- Previous Next