- Life sciences start-up companies face many tax-related issues. The items noted below are not all-inclusive, and not all companies will face all of these issues or opportunities. However, even in years when companies incur no tax liability because of operating losses, proper planning is important to maximize the future benefits of current investments. These issues are not unique to life sciences start-up companies, but in combination, they are not commonly incurred in other industries. Ignoring the future benefit of considering these opportunities may have significant impact on future cash flows of the company during a time that cash should be utilized for expansion and growth.
- The fourth quarter of 2015 experienced positive financial results for the broader US equity market, as the S&P, DJIA, and NASDAQ closed up 6.5 percent, 7.0 percent, and 8.4 percent, respectively for the quarter.
- Partner Jeff Vrabel shares his experience in manufacturing and distribution in the Industry Perspectives feature of the Central Penn Business Journal.
- The IRS has proposed new regulation targeting private equity managers looking to convert their management fee to an equity interest in hopes of being taxed at the lower long-term capital gain rate.
- A debt management policy is just one of a number of important plans that your government should have in place to help ensure a common understanding between management and the governing body.
- Previous Next