- In this Q&A, Baker Tilly specialists share insightful responses to 20 recent questions addressing SOC 1, SOC 2® and SOC for Cybersecurity.
- The new repatriation tax under the tax reform act may cause individual partners and shareholders of flow-through entities (and others) with controlled foreign corporations that have foreign subsidiaries with earnings and profits to see a tax deferral benefit in making a section 962 election.
- Under the new tax reform law, a taxpayer who holds an applicable partnership interest will recognized net long-term capital gain with respect to such interest only if the taxpayer has held the interest for at least three years.
- Baker Tilly launches its inaugural issue of the Tax Reform Progress Report with updates on such topics as qualified improvement property rules, meals and entertainment expenses, accounting method changes for rental real estate and repatriation tax deadlines.
- Municipalities who must continue providing constituent services despite decreasing populations should consider conducting an operational/organizational review and options for consolidating services.
- Previous Next