- Actions the FASB takes can have a significant effect on your financial statements and the impression they leave with users of such statements. Here are areas the FASB is likely to focus on in 2016.
- Understand the process of implementing cybersecurity controls and leading cybersecurity control standards.
- The proposed Cybersecurity Disclosure Act of 2015 has provoked discussion about the role of the Board of Directors in cybersecurity oversight and board member knowledge and awareness of an organization’s cybersecurity management program. Baker Tilly outlines the potential impacts to boards and what’s important to know now.
- The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2016 (H.R. 2029) includes the first significant changes to Internal Revenue Code section 831(b). Two significant amendments affect some small insurance companies, including captives.
- The Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings Tax Deduction, included in Internal Revenue Code Section 179D, is commonly called the Commercial Building Deduction or the 179D deduction.
- Previous Next