- Congress passed a budget deal on Feb. 9 that included a number of the hospital industry’s key priorities, including a delay of the Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital pay cuts and an extension of the Medicare Dependent Hospital Program.
- Many contractors quickly respond to project opportunities with enthusiasm before thoroughly considering whether it makes sense for their business. This article, featured in Construction Executive, outlines a better way to evaluate projects that balances the optimism of a win with the practical need to make a profit.
- SEC Chief Accountant Wesley Bricker urged public companies to make sure that they have clearly disclosed in their 10-K filings how they expect the FASB’s revenue recognition standard to affect their financial statements for upcoming reporting periods. He said the agency’s staff wants to verify that the disclosures will help investors understand the accounting change before they are incorporated in the primary financial statements in 2018 quarterly and annual filings.
- In the final part of Baker Tilly’s three-part workforce and succession planning series, organizations take steps to tailor training programs and optimize market competitiveness.
- There were 264 reported healthcare M&A transactions that closed during the fourth quarter of 2017, with an aggregate reported deal value of $68.8 billion. Of these transactions, 46 were middle-market transactions with a reported deal value of $8.7 billion.
- Previous Next