- Jim Alajbegu, Baker Tilly International Tax Firm Leader, discusses tax inversions with Chitra Nawbatt, anchor and correspondent for CTV News.
- In the recently published Revenue Ruling 2014-18, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) concluded that certain nonqualified stock options (NSOs) or stock appreciation rights (SARs) would not be subject to the anti-deferral rules of Internal Revenue Code section 457A (section 457A). Generally, section 457A prohibits the deferral of income for service providers that perform services for nonqualified entities (i.e., foreign corporations based in offshore tax havens, entities substantially owned by tax-exempt organizations, or other tax-indifferent parties).
- The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) has initiated the transition to Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Version 5. Find out where you are and where you need to be.
- The pace of change in areas such as Medicare and Medicaid rules, the Affordable Care Act, healthcare regulations and legislation, and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) require healthcare and senior living organizations to regularly monitor changes and the potential impact of these changes on their organization.
- Colleges and universities are facing heightened scrutiny over governance practices in the wake of increasing regulatory oversight, economic uncertainty, high-profile scandals, and violent crimes.
- Previous Next