- While fairly simple on its face, many service contractors do not fully appreciate the inherent complexities of complying with the SCA.
- In 2014, both public and private sector employers will be asked to share in the responsibility of providing health insurance to employees who will be required to have health insurance under the individual mandate. This is also known as the employer Pay or Play requirements under the ACA.
- While companies in the restaurant industry face certain tax-related issues as a result of recent regulations, they are also more uniquely poised to take advantage of certain tax-saving opportunities.
- No topic in government finance is more controversial right now than employee pensions. Recognizing this trend, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) has issued Statements No. 67 and No. 68 that document upcoming changes in the accounting and financial reporting for pensions by governmental entities.
- With the economy in distress for the past several years, state and local governments remain under tight budgetary pressure. It is no surprise that unforeseen fiscal problems have increased the risk of fraud in municipal securities.
- Previous Next