- When building a TCO model comparing on-premise to cloud software, make sure the model properly factors upgrade cost, and extends far enough into the future. Recognize that hosting is not the same as multi-tenant cloud software. Cloud software typically provides a very compelling value proposition.
- After experiencing volatile commodity prices throughout the first three quarters of 2012 due to weather and drought conditions, economic and energy policies and global effects, the fourth quarter was more stable. Because of the commodity shortage the food and beverage industry faced, farmers are likely planning higher harvests in 2013, which, assuming normal weather conditions, could theoretically lower commodity prices.
- On December 5, 2012, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) published final regulations and interim guidance regarding the excise tax on the sale of certain medical devices. Originally proposed as part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, this excise tax is equivalent to 2.3% of the sales price of certain devices and is to be paid by manufacturers, producers or importers of the devices.
- As 2013 begins, government contractors of all shapes and sizes await meaningful progress on the years-old Federal Government budget debate.
- The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (the Act), passed January 2, 2013, includes a number of construction and real estate related provisions important to the affordable housing, economic development, and renewable energy industries.
- Previous Next