- Wisconsin’s recently enacted budget bill created an exemption that supports current practices of contractors in the state.
- Baker Tilly welcomes specialist in cooperative services Teresa (Teree) Castanias.
- Employee benefit plans use third party service providers (service organizations) for a variety of reasons including participant recordkeeping, trust reporting, plan testing, information systems, and claims processing. These services influence the financial reporting of a plan. If your company has an employee benefit plan that is audited, one of the items an auditor will ask for is the Service Organization Controls report (SOC 1 report) for each of the service organizations used by the plan.
- On July 31, 2013, a US federal judge rejected a Federal Reserve rule related to the amount of money banks can take from retailers each time consumers swipe their debit cards.
- All too often you hear about the cost of doing business and the mountain of compliance exercises that must be undertaken for the privilege of being listed on a public stock exchange. With the seemingly endless array of documents, disclosures, and deadlines by which a public company must abide, it is no surprise that many CFOs feel the same way about the Securities and Exchange Commissions’ electronic data mandate: it is just another compliance exercise that creates no value for the company.
- Previous Next