- Over the past decade and especially during these recessionary times, many tax-exempt social and golf clubs have entertained the idea of what the world would be like if they decided to become a fully taxable club or a hybrid club under section 277.
- There are many elements of the proposed Tax Reform Act of 2014 that would result in significant changes for not-for-profit organizations.
- US IRS has released the final version of Form W-8BEN-E for use by entities certifying the status of beneficial account owners to meet the reporting and withholding requirements under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act.
- This two-part article series, published in PSC’s Service Contractor Magazine, explores aspects of SCA compliance unique to this contracting environment, and provide tools and techniques for contractor risk mitigation.
- The long procedural history of United States v. Quality Stores finally ended on March 25, 2014, when the Supreme Court held that severance payments paid by Quality Stores in connection with a “reduction in force,” were subject to FICA taxes. Prior to reaching the Supreme Court, the decision had been decided in favor of Quality Stores by the Bankruptcy Court, a US District Court and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Previous Next