- Colleges and universities are facing heightened scrutiny over governance practices in the wake of increasing regulatory oversight, economic uncertainty, high-profile scandals, and violent crimes.
- The 2014 Digital Accountability & Transparency Act (DATA Act) is creating government-wide standards for financial data, and expanding what data needs to be published on usaspending.gov.
- The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) regional entity audit teams will be implementing a risk based audit program - the Reliability Assurance Initiative (RIA) in 2015.
- In June 2014, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation issued an addendum to the “Interagency Policy Statement on Income Tax Allocation in a Holding Company Structure”.
- Recently, project sponsors have combined New Markets Tax Credits with EB-5 financing in order to strengthen the overall financing structure of the projects. While significant benefits can be achieved, several structuring challenges need to be overcome.
- Previous Next