- As a result of additional regulatory requirements, merger and acquisition discussions and activity are increasing in the banking industry. Associated transaction costs incurred related to a merger or acquisition transaction can be significant. These costs can include fees for financial advice, legal services, due diligence services, and expenses to arrange debt financing and can greatly impact a company’s financial statement.
- Learn about the OMB Uniform Grant Guidance, how the consolidation resulted in various areas of change to the previous requirements, and what you can do to get ready.
- Jim Alajbegu, Baker Tilly International Tax Firm Leader, discusses tax inversions with Chitra Nawbatt, anchor and correspondent for CTV News.
- In the recently published Revenue Ruling 2014-18, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) concluded that certain nonqualified stock options (NSOs) or stock appreciation rights (SARs) would not be subject to the anti-deferral rules of Internal Revenue Code section 457A (section 457A). Generally, section 457A prohibits the deferral of income for service providers that perform services for nonqualified entities (i.e., foreign corporations based in offshore tax havens, entities substantially owned by tax-exempt organizations, or other tax-indifferent parties).
- The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) has initiated the transition to Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Version 5. Find out where you are and where you need to be.
- Previous Next