- The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the Private Company Council (PCC) recently released new guidance that sheds light on how they will determine whether to grant private companies that adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) some exceptions to those standards when preparing financial statements.
- As the owners of a company contemplate selling, the historic state and local tax filings and activities will be a focus of a sophisticated buyer. It’s important for both the buyer and the seller to take into consideration all material state and local filing positions before concluding a sale.
- The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) has issued an interim Standard, IFRS 14, and Regulatory Deferral Accounts. IFRS 14 is effective from January 1, 2016, with early application permitted.
- The Internal Revenue Service and the Treasury Department recently issued temporary (TD 9650) and proposed (REG-140974-11) regulations providing passive foreign investment company (PFIC) guidance for tax years ending on and after Dec. 31, 2013 and, thus, applicable to 2013 calendar year taxpayers. The areas covered include determination of ownership of a PFIC, annual filing requirements, and exceptions to the filing requirements.
- The quality of your work order asset management (WOAM) system has a great impact over your utility's strategic and operational planning process and enterprise risk management process.
- Previous Next