- Baker Tilly Energy and Utilities team works with nearly 300 utilities nationwide. While we are not making scientific predictions, our interactions with our clients and the utility industry give us insights into utility trends for 2014.
- The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) mandates information reporting and withholding provisions to ensure that US persons (citizens, residents, and entities created or organized in the US or under the laws of the US) invested in or with non-US entities are identified with the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Foreign financial institutions (FFIs) must register with the IRS and comply with investor due diligence and verification procedures to identify US account holders.
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board recently issued two Accounting Standard Updates that provide private companies with accounting alternatives for the subsequent measurement of goodwill and the accounting for certain interest rate swaps. What should businesses consider before adopting these provisions?
- Since May 2012, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) has been working with the Private Company Council (PCC) to determine whether alternatives to existing US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) standards are appropriate for private company financial statements. Two new accounting standard updates mark the first concrete steps toward providing relief from burdensome and costly requirements for private companies that need or are required to have financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the Private Company Council (PCC) recently released new guidance that sheds light on how they will determine whether to grant private companies that adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) some exceptions to those standards when preparing financial statements.
- Previous Next