- Insider threats have long been a concern for banks and other financial institutions and databases. According to a recent news report, Morgan Stanley accused a recently promoted financial analyst of downloading 350,000 records from its wealth management client database and subsequently posting 900 of those records to an internet bulletin board, Pastebin, in exchange for an obscure internet currency.
- 2014 was a transition year for determining who was subject to the Affordable Care Act employer mandate, but companies still may have some obligations to fulfill before 2014 W-2s are issued. A new year also means employers need to ramp up preparations for ACA-related reporting requirements.
- New guidance from the IRS addresses a retroactive adjustment to employer-provided transit benefits that affects 2014 W-2s.
- This bi-monthly healthcare update provides updates from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the IRS, and the Department of Health and Human Services, as well as information on proposed new legislation.
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has modified Form 990, Schedule A with regard to public support status for the type of public charity organizations known as “supporting organizations.”
- Previous Next