- 2015 marks the first year that an ORSA Summary Report must be filed with an insurer’s state of regulatory domicile. Some state regulators have already notified companies of the report due date, while other states have not. Regardless, all insurance companies that exceed the $500 million written premium threshold should be preparing the first drafts of their reports.
- As 2015 opens with the promise of a resurgent mortgage market driven by lower rates and more accommodative policies, successful and sustainable solutions to how we fund housing in America must address three critical non-economic factors.
- An impromptu survey reveals what public officials worry most about and what makes them optimistic about the future.
- Insider threats have long been a concern for banks and other financial institutions and databases. According to a recent news report, Morgan Stanley accused a recently promoted financial analyst of downloading 350,000 records from its wealth management client database and subsequently posting 900 of those records to an internet bulletin board, Pastebin, in exchange for an obscure internet currency.
- 2014 was a transition year for determining who was subject to the Affordable Care Act employer mandate, but companies still may have some obligations to fulfill before 2014 W-2s are issued. A new year also means employers need to ramp up preparations for ACA-related reporting requirements.
- Previous Next