- To ensure employee benefit plans meet certain Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Labor (DOL) standards, plans must be subjected to a number of compliance tests each year. These tests are often referred to as the annual non-discrimination tests, and are required of plans in order to maintain their tax exempt status.
- A new tax law was signed March 21, 2014, affecting many Minnesota taxpayers. With sweeping bipartisan support, it impacts individuals and businesses.
- College and university governance practices come into the spotlight almost weekly.
- The NAIC formally adopted the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) Model Act in September 2012, and the ORSA requirement for qualifying insurers will be effective January 2015. In an effort to improve guidance and regulation, the NAIC’s ORSA (E) Subgroup has completed two feedback pilot projects, one in June 2012 and the most recent in September 2013.
- Taking a comprehensive approach to due diligence and responding appropriately to the results provides the best opportunity to fulfill the promise of a deal.
- Previous Next