- The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) regional entity audit teams will be implementing a risk based audit program - the Reliability Assurance Initiative (RIA) in 2015.
- In June 2014, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation issued an addendum to the “Interagency Policy Statement on Income Tax Allocation in a Holding Company Structure”.
- Recently, project sponsors have combined New Markets Tax Credits with EB-5 financing in order to strengthen the overall financing structure of the projects. While significant benefits can be achieved, several structuring challenges need to be overcome.
- The Accounting and Review Services Committee (ARSC) has issued three exposure drafts of Proposed SSARS, 1) Preparation of Financial Statements, 2) Compilation Engagements and 3) Association with Financial Statements on October 23, 2013. The proposed SSARS would be effective on or after December 15, 2015 with early implementation permitted.
- After many years of discussion, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) issued the long awaited and converged revenue recognition standard on May 28. This standard has the potential to be one of the biggest changes ever in financial reporting because it impacts virtually every financial statement issued in the world.
- Previous Next