- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released its proposed payment rate changes and expects the actual revenue change for Medicare Advantage will see positive growth. In addition, calculations for determining star ratings for nursing homes were modified in mid-February.
- The Society of Actuaries recently released new mortality tables for use by employee benefit plans and plan sponsors when measuring pension obligations. The new tables, RP-2014 (mortality tables) and MP-2014 (longevity improvement scale) will most likely result in higher pension obligations.
- Fill out the 45L Qualify Form and a Baker Tilly advisor will connect with you to determine if your development qualifies for the Energy Efficient Tax Credit (45L).
- Does your not-for-profit organization maintain operating reserves? If it does, has a formal reserves policy been established and has your organization gone through the process of determining what level of reserves is appropriate? These are important questions that should not be overlooked.
- Private foundations should consider three specific areas of self-dealing: payment of personal pledges, compensation to employees and board members, and paying or reimbursing expenses of disqualified persons or family members.
- Previous Next