- The New York Office of Unclaimed Funds (NYOUF) released a new policy for business-to-business transactions that has a bearing on unclaimed property holders within the state.
- Delaware businesses still have time to file delinquent unclaimed property reports and avoid harsher penalties.
- Learn how to manage the impact of state unclaimed property requirements on your business or organization.
- States are becoming increasingly aggressive in looking for new sources of revenue. Historically, states have used nexus inquiries, expanded audits for sales/use and income taxes, and new types of business entity taxes to generate new revenue. Another threat, however, looms on the horizon: unclaimed property examinations.
- Delaware recently enacted a new statute changing its voluntary disclosure program for unclaimed property.