- Proposed tax reform makes it advantageous for businesses to identify tax accounting method opportunities that may generate significant and potentially permanent cash tax savings for the 2016 tax year. Listen to Baker Tilly specialists as they discuss.
- On Sept. 30, 2015, most countries with a Model 1 IGA in place will begin to report financial information to the US government under FATCA.
- The Surface Transportation and Veterans Health Care Choice Improvement Act of 2015 (the Act), signed into law July 31, 2015, modified several tax provisions.
- Private foundations should consider three specific areas of self-dealing: payment of personal pledges, compensation to employees and board members, and paying or reimbursing expenses of disqualified persons or family members.
- 2013 is the first tax year for which limited and general partners in investment funds will have to contend with the 3.8 percent tax on net investment income (NII). The final regulations for section 1411, released Nov. 26, 2013, made significant changes in the treatment of investment income, gains, and losses realized by investor and trader funds.