- CMS announced over 8.7 million individuals enrolled in 2018 insurance plans on HealthCare.gov as of Dec. 23.
- While the Tax Cut and Jobs Act will simplify taxes for many Americans, many businesses and tax-exempt entities will find the computation of taxable income even more complex than in the past.
- The final Republican tax bill repealed the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) individual mandate, further weakening the ACA.
- CMS and the OMHA announced they will expand settlement options for providers in an effort to reduce the appeals backlog.
- The Republican tax plan would cause a mandatory $150 billion spending cut under the pay-as-you-go rule to lessen its impact on the national deficit, including a $25 billion cut to Medicare.