- Baker Tilly assisted Dodge County, Wisconsin in preparing for the implementation of the requirements under Uniform Grant Guidance.
- The new general requirements of Uniform Guidance and five methods of procurement most closely follow the previous OMB Circular 102, Grants and Cooperative Agreements with State and Local Governments.
- If your institution expends more than $500,000 (increasing to $750,000 come December 26, 2014), in general funds of awards per year, you must submit to a single audit, more commonly known as the OMB Circular A-133 Audit on an annual basis. Many view the A-133 audit as a “necessary evil” – something that has to be done in order for your institution to receive the research funding. In this article we outline tips for taking back control of your next A-133 audit.”
- Recently, additional webcast training opportunities from COFAR and the AICPA became available in archive format.
- Many organizations receiving federal awards are still assessing the impact the OMB uniform guidance will have on them. With the effective date looming, now is the time to assess the changes necessary to obtain compliance and determine a plan of action. To help you get started, we have developed a checklist of important steps you should take and key items to consider along the way.