- FASB has released four major updates to U.S. GAAP that will go into effect in the next few years. These sweeping changes — combined with plans to reform the tax code and reduce federal regulations under the Trump administration — have created a volatile environment for CFOs and controllers. Here's a summary of what’s changing and when the changes, if applicable to you, will hit your financial statements.
- While no tax-exempt entity is immune from being targeted for audit, there are ways organizations can mitigate the possibility that they will fall afoul of the IRS's computer analysis.
- As risks and complexities continue to change and grow, not-for-profit organizations can embrace enterprise risk management (ERM) as a strategic advantage.
- After nearly five years of research and extensive outreach efforts, the FASB has issued the first of its anticipated amendments impacting accounting and reporting across the not-for-profit sector.
- In a recent Baker Tilly and ACUA webinar, presenters from Baker Tilly, Caldera Consulting, and the University of West Georgia teamed up to discuss cloud concepts, how to advise management about governance, convene stakeholders and build their risk assessment capabilities, gain practical insight into evaluating relevant controls that support realizing the benefits from cloud applications, and tips on where to start your audit planning.