- Publications predict a negative outlook for not-for-profit hospitals in 2018. There are immediate actions that hospitals can employ to move forward in this time of uncertainty.
- FASB has released four major updates to U.S. GAAP that will go into effect in the next few years. These sweeping changes — combined with plans to reform the tax code and reduce federal regulations under the Trump administration — have created a volatile environment for CFOs and controllers. Here's a summary of what’s changing and when the changes, if applicable to you, will hit your financial statements.
- While no tax-exempt entity is immune from being targeted for audit, there are ways organizations can mitigate the possibility that they will fall afoul of the IRS's computer analysis.
- As risks and complexities continue to change and grow, not-for-profit organizations can embrace enterprise risk management (ERM) as a strategic advantage.
- After nearly five years of research and extensive outreach efforts, the FASB has issued the first of its anticipated amendments impacting accounting and reporting across the not-for-profit sector.