- President Trump signed a $1.3 trillion FY 2018 omnibus spending bill on March 23, just hours after its passage through the Senate. Find out what this new bill means for healthcare in the United States.
- Amidst uncertainty from CMS on direction for provider pay models, House lawmakers created the bipartisan Healthcare Innovation Caucus to explore and advance innovative physician payment systems.
- CMS official Kat Goodrich expects significant regulatory reform and burden reduction this year, including streamlining quality measures and quality reporting.
- Congress passed a budget deal on Feb. 9 that included a number of the hospital industry’s key priorities, including a delay of the Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital pay cuts and an extension of the Medicare Dependent Hospital Program.
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer outlined Democratic priorities on healthcare and calls on colleagues to pass a healthcare package that includes funding for extenders, addresses the opioid crisis, stabilizes ACA markets and provides federal reinsurance funding.
- Previous Next