- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) proposed a rule in February to return the duration of short-term insurance plans’ validity to a pre-Obama era.
- Publications predict a negative outlook for not-for-profit hospitals in 2018. There are immediate actions that hospitals can employ to move forward in this time of uncertainty.
- The $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill included numerous funding increases for health programs, including addressing the opioid crisis, but failed to include measures to stabilize the ACA markets.
- President Trump signed a $1.3 trillion FY 2018 omnibus spending bill on March 23, just hours after its passage through the Senate. Find out what this new bill means for healthcare in the United States.
- Amidst uncertainty from CMS on direction for provider pay models, House lawmakers created the bipartisan Healthcare Innovation Caucus to explore and advance innovative physician payment systems.