- The IRS recently revoked the tax exemption status of a hospital for failing to fully meet all the requirements to complete a community health needs assessment (CHNA). In stepping up its enforcement actions, the IRS is sending a message to other tax-exempt hospitals not to overlook the compliance requirements under section 501(r).
- The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released an analysis predicting a 20 percent increase on plan premiums next year and $194 billion increase to the budget deficit over the next decade if cost-sharing reduction payments are stopped
- CMS released the Final Hospital Payment Rule, which includes 2018 Medicare payment rate increases for acute care and long-term care hospitals, as well as updates hospital discharge policies.
- CMS drafted the Final Rule that addresses the Prospective Payment System and Consolidated Billing for Skilled Nursing Facilities for FY 2018, SNF Quality Reporting Program, SNF Value-Based Purchasing Program and Survey Team Composition.
- CMS released the proposed 2018 Physician Fee Schedule, which includes changes to Medicare payment policies, payment rates and quality provisions for providers who treat Medicare patients.
- Previous Next