- In October, CMS published its final rates and rules for the 2017 Medicare payments for dialysis facilities treating end-stage renal disease patients. The final rule shows a slight average increase of 0.73 percent for facilities and a 0.9 percent increase for hospital-based dialysis facilities.
- CMS released the final rule implementing MACRA. Under the final rule, CMS is creating a 90-day reporting period for clinicians participating in MIPS and reducing the number of mandated measures to be reported from eleven to five.
- CMS released a long-awaited, 700-page rule, that omits some of the proposed staffing requirements that it had included in its proposed version of the rule, but mandates that arbitration agreements between patients and facilities now be voluntary.
- CMS’s Acting Administrator, Andy Slavitt, announced that the agency is offering options to providers regarding the MACRA mandated reporting requirements set to begin in January.
- CMS announced it will introduce a comparison tool for six states to compare provider networks.
- Previous Next