- With a repeal of the Affordable Care Act looming, providers are warning of the negative effects of the proposed replacements, including a capped Medicare system.
- CMS finalized decisions regarding the site-neutral payment issue and the rule reflects an estimated 1.7 payment rate increase for outpatient hospitals and a 1.9 percent rate increase in payments for ambulatory surgical centers for 2017.
- In October, CMS published its final rates and rules for the 2017 Medicare payments for dialysis facilities treating end-stage renal disease patients. The final rule shows a slight average increase of 0.73 percent for facilities and a 0.9 percent increase for hospital-based dialysis facilities.
- CMS released the final rule implementing MACRA. Under the final rule, CMS is creating a 90-day reporting period for clinicians participating in MIPS and reducing the number of mandated measures to be reported from eleven to five.
- CMS released a long-awaited, 700-page rule, that omits some of the proposed staffing requirements that it had included in its proposed version of the rule, but mandates that arbitration agreements between patients and facilities now be voluntary.
- Previous Next