- The Internal Revenue Service has issued proposed regulations implementing the "Employer-Shared Responsibility Provisions," also known as "pay or play," of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (PPACA).
- About one-third of all US banks are organized as Subchapter S Corporations, so named because of the chapter in the Internal Revenue Code that governs them.
- On Friday, November 9, the Federal Reserve Board, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency issued a joint statement delaying the implementation date of the recently approved regulatory capital standards. However, they did indicate that they are committed to implementing the rules.
- What does a dispute between Federal Express and the IRS about aircraft maintenance back in the 1990s mean to banks with multiple branches? A landmark set of regulations that could mean deduction accelerations for tax purposes in 2012 and beyond.
- The Department of Labor requires covered service providers to disclose fees and other information to participants in 401(k) and other employee-directed retirement plans.
- Previous Next