- Discussion and presentations at the Mortgage Bankers Association’s (MBA) National Mortgage Servicing Conference & Expo 2017 were heavily centered on regulation: existing, in process, and future. Part of that discussion was whether the regulators and rules would disappear with the Trump Administration's deregulation push.
- The adoption of ASC 842 makes accounting much more complex for traditional operating leases. This inherent complexity makes the transition guidance equally complex.
- Increasing regulatory compliance costs, decreasing margins, and intensifying competition from both traditional and emerging providers of financial services have spurred M&A activity.
- FASB issued an accounting standard significantly changing how financial institutions report credit losses: ASU No. 2016-13, Financial Instruments — Credit Losses (Topic 326).
- In this article we examine the final element, recognizing revenue as the entity satisfies the performance obligations.