One of the world’s leading services and technology organizations that employs over 140,000 people in more than 60 countries.
The business challenge
Following an HR transformation to the Oracle HCM Cloud Core HR platform, the client began a split into two separate companies. This provided an opportunity to move from Oracle’s legacy Performance application to the integrated Oracle HCM Cloud suite and optimize talent processes:
- Two companies with unique requirements: Two existing sets of talent management requirements and processes needed to be evaluated and redesigned to address the unique needs of each company. The cultures, visions and operating models of each organization also needed to be considered.
- Legacy system migration: With the desire to achieve automated integration with their Oracle Cloud Core HR system, both organizations decided to migrate from Oracle’s legacy cloud performance module to the seeded Talent Management module. This expanded functionality needed to be factored in the context of their design.
- Adoption amidst drastic change: With the roll out of this migration, the ability of the organization to consume more change, in addition to the companies splitting, needed to be a key consideration.
The Baker Tilly approach
Baker Tilly leveraged their proprietary Taleo to HCM Cloud migration methodology and understanding of the client’s existing configuration to bring forth a leading practice design and process improvements based on technology advancements in the seeded tool.
- Integrated roadmap: Developed a global roadmap for Talent Management that aligned to the organization’s broader strategy for splitting the two companies and their existing Oracle HCM Cloud Core HR platform.
- Worked with Oracle’s Product Strategy team to understand the intended evolution of the software to factor into the client roadmap.
- A broader change management and adoption strategy was factored into the roadmap for streamlined roll-out.
- Process optimization: Baker Tilly brought forth a prototype configuration design that accomplished the client’s business objectives in order to minimize client time spent redesigning. Recommended opportunities enhanced processes with additional capabilities afforded by the integrated Talent Management module.
The business impact
- Smooth transition to two talent strategies: The two new organizations each have newly created talent strategies that speak to their unique operating models, culture and business needs.
- Visibility into talent management metrics: High performing talent, high potential talent, and high-risk employees across the globe are easily identified with Oracle’s robust and sophisticated analytic capabilities which seamlessly integrated between Core HR and Talent modules.
- Increase in internal mobility: Through process optimization activities, HR is now able to identify successors for critical roles and build a strong talent pipeline - a key asset during the split.
- A cohesive end-user experience: The collaborative and comprehensive change management strategy provided end users information in digestible and complete packages, allowing for gradual but steady adoption with anticipated sustainability.
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.