- Baker Tilly tax professionals discuss practice tips and their predictions on how unclaimed property laws will evolve over the next few years.
- Unclaimed property is rapidly assuming a new role as a state revenue generator. To help organizations become better familiar with unclaimed property reporting requirements, Baker Tilly compiled a state-by-state guide on unclaimed property laws. Use the guide as a starting point for learning more about the unclaimed property laws of the states in which you have reportable property.
- When a concrete product manufacturer discovered its unclaimed property could be a problem to a potential buyer, it hired Baker Tilly to help reduce its exposure and cast itself in a better light.
- Recent court case deals a blow to Delaware’s unclaimed property laws, saying its enforcement is unconstitutional.
- All states have unclaimed property laws. Find out what your organizations needs to know to make sure you are compliant.
- States are beyond annoyed with a court decision in California regarding Bed Bath & Beyond’s store credit.
- Healthcare companies are using unclaimed property services not only to avoid state audits and penalties, but also to find liabilities or make themselves look more attractive in preparation for consolidations.
- Network Health’s CFO initially turned to Baker Tilly for staff augmentation and accounting assistance with tax and quarterly state insurance department filings.
- Baker Tilly assists client to reduce personal property and income taxes.