A private research university in the Northeast with a student body of over 10,000 and more than 4,400 employees.
The business challenge
The client’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) was not providing the desired streamlined recruiting experience and was causing pain points for candidates, recruiters, and hiring managers.
- Reporting and analytic capabilities: Recruiters and managers were unable to identify areas of concern within the talent acquisition function with the inadequate reporting and analytics capabilities. Recruiters struggled to track key metrics, such as source of hire, retention, and quality/productivity of hire. This reduced the integrity of their reports.
- Candidate experience: The online process was dated and clunky, causing strong candidates to voluntarily leave the recruiting pipeline. The client lacked clear and consistent job descriptions resulting in candidates applying for mismatched jobs. This delayed response times, slowed the entire recruiting process, and lead to a poor overall experience for candidates.
- Manual processes: The ineffective design of the client’s ATS forced manual workarounds and processes. Recruiters spent hours on non-value add activities like forwarding candidate resumes to hiring managers. This left them little time to actually perform their recruiting activities, like talking to candidates.
The Baker Tilly solution
Baker Tilly employed its proven methodology and worked with the client to tailor the approach for the project. The key activities and milestones to implement Oracle’s Taleo Recruiting Cloud platform included:
- Identifying and analyzing the most pressing pain points and their impact on the client’s ability to meet talent and business objectives.
- Structuring a path forward to resolve current state issues in the context of the client’s strategic roadmap to enable the business strategy.
- Executing the project roadmap through an iterative design and build approach that incorporated enhancements and leading practice process recommendations.
- Driving seamless integration of functional and technical work streams to open flow of data between Taleo and background check, I-9 verification, and assessment vendors.
- Leading multiple rounds of testing to ensure the solution fit the business needs and improve stakeholder buy-in prior to deploying throughout the organization.
By optimizing their processes and implementing a state of the art recruiting platform, the client has transformed their talent acquisition function and positioned their teams to support continued growth and other key strategic objectives for the university.
- Improved reporting and analytic capabilities: The client now has visibility to key recruiting metrics at every stage of the recruiting process. Talent dashboards identify points of excellence and areas of concern, such as quantifying the time to fill a position, new hire failure, and diversity hires for strategic positions like top executives.
- Improved candidate experience: The new career site, coupled with an inviting user interface, has simplified the submission process and provides a welcoming candidate experience. Improved communication tools keep candidates informed of where they are in the process.
- Reduced manual processes: The implementation eliminated many of the manual processes performed outside of the system by recruiters and managers. For example, hiring managers are now able to provide feedback on each candidate to the recruiter in the system, reducing time spent in the selection process.
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly talent management specialists can help, contact our team.