Leading global provider of print and media solutions. Headquartered in Wisconsin, the company has over 24,000 employees working from more
than 70 print-production facilities throughout North America, South America and Europe.
The business challenge
The company’s existing Applicant Tracking System (ATS) could not support its expanding global footprint. It was difficult to maintain, expensive to operate, and was not configured to provide consistent HR processes.
- Inconsistent employee & manager experiences: Each business area/geography had unique systems and processes.
- Manual HR processes: Candidate onboarding occurred on day 1 for the new hire and was paper-based.
- Limited access: Users had limited access to necessary HR applications, processes and reporting.
- Minimal reporting and analytic capabilities: The organization had limited visibility into talent data and metrics.
The Baker Tilly approach
The company wanted an integrated talent solution. With the decision to implement Oracle HCM Cloud Recruiting and Onboarding, Baker Tilly started with a 7-week Harmonization phase to better understand the company’s requirements. This informed a more detailed/accurate plan and timeline for implementation. The implementation phase included the following key activities:
- Analyzed pain points and implemented leading practices to streamline and simplify processes for recruiters.
- Leveraged an iterative design and build process, including multiple design and configuration review sessions with core and extended teams.
- Conducted multiple rounds of testing to ensure the system design and configuration fit the client’s business needs.
- Executed rigorous program and change management so that the steering committee, core- team and stakeholders understood the vision of the project, ongoing status and key benefits of the implementation.
- Coordinated communication and training efforts to ensure end user adoption and minimize interruptions to business activity.
The business impact
The following business improvements were achieved from the implementation of Oracle HCM Cloud Recruiting and Onboarding:
- Improved candidate experience: The new career site streamlines the application process and allows candidates to quickly and easily find jobs that match their interests.
- A responsive platform: The ATS is responsive for any device and provides a consistent experience for all users.
- Increased recruiter productivity: Automated approval rules for offer letters and contracts save time and reduce expenses.
- Improved onboarding: Candidates now receive benefits information and complete key paperwork prior to their first day.
- Improved reporting: HR and hiring managers have consistent, real-time visibility to key recruiting data and metrics throughout the hiring process.
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.