Our client’s need
A global management consulting firm with offices in more than 50 countries and thousands of professionals needed to find a new accounting firm for its investment funds. The company found itself frequently in conflict with international accounting firms that offer similar consulting services to the same target audience.
Executives did not find similar conflicts with Baker Tilly services. In fact, they found just the right fit:
- Large enough to have industry expertise and specialized professionals to support sophisticated investment funds
- Large enough to have an experienced service team in New York plus international capabilities in the Channel Islands for on-the-ground support
- Flexible enough to balance the client’s growing needs in a timely manner while continuing to provide Exceptional Client Service
Baker Tilly solution
Because of our size and strong relationships with other Baker Tilly International member firms, we were able to quickly assemble an international team of professionals with deep financial services experience from our New York office and Baker Tilly Channel Islands.
We completed audits of the investment funds on time and on budget. The client has expanded its services with us based on their positive experience and the high quality work they received. Today, we provide:
- Audits of investment funds
- Custody exams
- Additional attestation work
Our client is very pleased after switching to Baker Tilly for its investment fund needs and referred us to several other investment managers of funds in which it is invested.
In addition to high quality work, the benefits it has received include:
- Seamless transition process moving from their prior firm to Baker Tilly
- One primary contact, who conveniently coordinates New York and Channel Islands professionals
- Proactive advice on custody exams and operational improvements from specialists with deep industry experience
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly asset management specialists can help, contact our team.