- M&A activity in the food and beverage sector experienced a robust second quarter primarily driven by corporate actions. Sellers are looking to divest of non-core activities and buyers are looking to add additional brands, product lines, or expertise.
- While some processors are closing plants to eliminate redundancies, others are expanding to be in closer proximity to customers. Baker Tilly discusses what’s behind industry consolidation.
- As a result of additional regulatory requirements, merger and acquisition discussions and activity are increasing in the banking industry. Associated transaction costs incurred related to a merger or acquisition transaction can be significant. These costs can include fees for financial advice, legal services, due diligence services, and expenses to arrange debt financing and can greatly impact a company’s financial statement.
- Jim Alajbegu, Baker Tilly International Tax Firm Leader, discusses tax inversions with Chitra Nawbatt, anchor and correspondent for CTV News.
- Recently, project sponsors have combined New Markets Tax Credits with EB-5 financing in order to strengthen the overall financing structure of the projects. While significant benefits can be achieved, several structuring challenges need to be overcome.
- Previous Next